Proceedings in the 44th Turkish National Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery Congress will be presented verbally or in the form of a poster (printed poster or e-poster). Proceedings that will be sent from within Turkey must be prepared in Turkish. Presentations of these proceedings will be made in Turkish. Proceedings that will be sent from abroad can be presented either in Turkish or English and their abstracts must be in Turkish or English.
While sending the proceedings, the writer’s preference of presentation (verbal, printer or e-poster) and which sub field of ENT-BBC speciality their study is about must be stated. Depending on the content of the study and number of applications, the Proceedings Committee has the right to accept or refuse, and change the speciality sub field and type of presentation in case of accepting it. Case reports will NOT be accepted as verbal presentation.
• The study must NOT BE PRESENTED in any national meeting before.
• The abstract must not be more than 400 words.
• The title of the Proceeding must be 12 words maximum, and completely reflect the content of the study.
• Writers’ name and surname, title, the place, and city they work in must be clearly stated along with the title. However, apart from this, there must not be a sentence that introduces the workplace or the researchers within the abstract.
• Contact information that will be given during the online proceedings registration and especially the e-mail address must be up-to-date and active. Contact with the writers including the letter of acceptance will be performed through this channel.
• Among the researchers preparing the abstract, the one who will make the presentation must be stated. As a common practice, senior assistants or colleagues who have recently become specialists (less than 5 years) are expected to present the studies themselves which they have contributed to as the 1st writer. However, in verbal presentations or poster discussion sessions, it is preferred that a senior specialist and/or a lecturer and/or a trainer related to the subject is there besides the researcher who makes the presentation.
• Proceedings that are presented in the congress will be separately evaluated for the prizes that will be determined. Studies that are required to be evaluated (candidate for the prize) for proceeding prizes must be absolutely STATED.
• Studies that have received any kind of project support or a different research support must be indicated.
• If the researchers have any kind of financial connection, it must be clarified.
• Standard abstracts must include the following, and the content of every section must be written in the space (window) that is allocated for itself on the online private registration page.
• Proceedings that are named as candidates for the prize must be sent with the full text beside the abstract.
For research abstracts:
• Material and Method
• Findings (quantitative and/or statistical data)
For case reports abstracts:
• Characteristics of the case (complaint, story, clinic and labratory findings )
• Treatment and medical prognosis
• Commentary (experienced gained and suggestions)
• The purpose in case reports must be to share our experiences related to specific and rare cases and raise awareness. Abstracts that do not serve this purpose and are not suitable for the structured format will not be accepted.
• Studies that are still continuing, proceedings whose results have not been received yet, and those that do not include the abstract sections above will ABSOLUTELY NOT be evaluated.
• Tables or graphs must NOT BE ADDED to the abstracts.
• While sending the proceeding, it must be indicated which subject headings (specialty sub-fields) stated below the study is in.
o Head and Neck Surgery
o Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
o Fascial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
o Sleeping Disorders
o Quality İmprovement- Patient Safety
o Socioeconomic Subjects- Preventive Medicine
• Evaluation committee can change the main subject heading of the proceeding.
• Proceedings that are accepted cannot be retracted after the letter of acceptance is sent. Posters that are accepted to be presented but cannot be presented will be announced on websites of congress and association with the title of “PROCEEDİNGS THAT ARE NOT PRESENTED”.
In report cases, only the abstracts that have the characteristics to affect patient management, and that include complete information regarding the patient will be accepted, BUT their presentation will only be possible in the FORM OF A POSTER.
DEADLINE FOR SENDING ABSTRACTS IS 1 SEPTEMBER 2023.(DEADLINE FOR THE ABSTRACTS THAT ARE CANDIDATE FOR PRIZE IS 1TH SEPTEMBER 2023).
Abstracts can only be sent by filling in the Online Abstract Application Form that is on the congress website ( https://www.abstractagent.com/2023kbb/ ). Presentations that are sent via fax, electronic or regular mail or that are handed in will not be accepted. Complete texts and other required appendix of the proceedings that will be a candidate for congress proceeding prizes must be uploaded online within the indicated period (1 September 2023). In the process of filling in the online application form, the researcher will be automatically led stage by stage. The completed proceeding form must be printed and kept for safety reasons.
Congress participants who will present their proceedings verbally must submit their presentations to the presentation control room at least one day before the presentation days that are indicated in the program. Presentations must be prepared with Microsoft Office 2000 or more up-to-date software. All kinds of technical equipment (slides, projector, computer, video etc.) will be available in the meeting rooms. Determined time for each verbal presentation (presentation and discussion) is 7 minutes. This time must absolutely NOT BE EXCEEDED. While the verbal presentation is performed, visual (pictures or video) and audio materials can be used.
The size of the printed posters must be 70×90 cm and font size must be planned in a way that it can be read from 1,5meters away. Poster writers will hang the posters on the board allocated for their posters in the place that is allocated for Poster Discussion on the day that is stated to them. Required material for hanging the poster will be available in poster area. E-posters will be uploaded online after they are accepted.
It is a MUST that the writer that will present or the first writer makes a registration for the congress before 1 September 2023 which is the deadline for sending abstracts, in case their abstract is accepted. Every writer that pays the registration fee on time will have the right to take part as the first name in maximum one verbal, one poster (printed or e-mail) presentation, or to record the abstract in maximum one verbal and poster presentation.
Proceedings are accepted as a result of the mediator evaluations.
Abstracts of all the studies that are accepted to be presented (verbally or in the form of a poster) within the scientific program will be in congress proceeding abstracts CD.
LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE
All the proceedings that are sent will be evaluated by the Proceeding Committee and it will be decided whether they are accepted for presentation or not. “A letter of acceptance” that indicates the proceeding is accepted and type of presentation (verbal or poster) will be sent to the first writer of the studies that are accepted for presentation or prize application within October 2023. A notice will be sent to the first writer of the proceedings that are not accepted within October 2023.
Since it is necessary to complete the evaluation process before sending the letter of acceptance, writers who would like to take their letter of acceptance earlier are suggested to complete their abstracts and necessary corrections earlier.